This is a gift I wrapped for one of my grandsons.
When I had no bow or ribbon that worked well with
the gift wrap (20 minutes before party time)
I had to come up with something
using the resources I had on hand.
1. Cut out the letters of the child's name from card stock.
2. Decorate the letters using markers
to coordinate with the gift wrap.
3. Punch holes in the top right corners of the letters.
4. String the letters using yarn, string, cording, or twine.
5. Tie the string of choice tightly around the gift.
(add a bit of tape to the back to hold in place)
6. Add some festive hand tied bows
to the personalized gift garland.
7. Watch them smile as they recognize the
letters in their name!
This idea could be used as a wall art kid craft.
(I would add a piece of heavy tape on the backside
to reinforce the corner before punching the hole.
It could be made to match their bedroom
Red, white and blue for the 4th of July
Red, pink, and white for Valentines
Red and green for Christmas
Green and white for St. Patricks
Pastels for Easter
Black and Orange for Halloween
Can you think of any more?